Public Notice: Relicensing of Hydroelectric Plants
Tower Kleber LP (“TKLP”) is relicensing its hydroelectric plants, located on the Black River in Cheboygan County, near the town of Tower, Michigan. As a requirement of the relicensing process, TKLP must hold a joint meeting, inviting appropriate state and federal agencies, Tribes and the general public to the joint meeting to provide an opportunity to them to fully participate in the meeting.
Joint Meeting will be held on Thursday, June 13, 2019 from 9:00am to 4:00pm (with 1 hour break for lunch) at the Waverly Township Hall in Tower, Michigan (State Highway M-68). Refreshments for morning and afternoon break will be available. Attending persons accountable for their own lunch. In addition, an opportunity to visit the powerhouses, along with the opportunity to attend an open house will be made available on Friday, June 14th (see below).
The Joint Meeting Objectives are as follows:
- Develop a common understanding of the Project;
- Discuss current and potential resource needs and management objectives for the project area;
- Decide what information is needed and what studies are to be completed and;
- Agree on a time frame and format for discussion of study results.
The Joint Meeting Agenda is as follows:
- TKLP to introduce the Project and review the Preliminary Application Document (“PAD”) Submitted to the FERC on March 11, 2019;
- TKLP to discuss the Lake Sturgeon Rearing Facility
- TKLP to Present a proposal on Studies for the relicensing
- TKLP to discuss status of studies that have been initiated thus far related to the 401 Water Quality Certification Process
Meeting transcript and/or a meeting recording will be made and available after the meeting.
Site Visits of Tower and Kleber Hydroelectric Plants
Friday, June 14th, 2019 – 9:00am to 2:00pm
(Tower and Kleber Plants)
Public Open House
Friday, June 14, 2019 – 3:00pm to 8:00pm
(Waverly Township Hall – Highway M68 – Tower, Michigan)
Two copies of the PAD document will be available at the Joint Meeting and at the Open House
Posted on June 12th, 2019 in Announcements.